Athletic Registrations

All athletic registrations are handled through FamilyID (www.familyid.com). FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our programs, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You then have the ability to enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple programs. Family ID is the REQUIRED METHOD FOR REGISTERING YOUR SON/DAUGHTER FOR INTERSCHOLASTIC ATHLETICS. Please click the image below to view correspondence that was sent home regarding this:

The following are the steps to Wisdom Lane’s athletic registration process in the order in which they occur:

LATE SPRING/SUMMER

BOCES will release the season start and end dates for the upcoming school year. These dates will be uploaded to FamilyID along with the specific dates that registration is open for each season by approximately August 1st. Please note that as per New York State Law, registrations are only valid within 30 days of the start of each season. This information is used to determine the registration window.

PRIOR TO EACH SEASON

1.  A connect-ed message will be sent alerting parents to the starting date and registration window for the upcoming season. If applicable, it will also list the date that the School Doctor will be in to administer physical exams for that season.

2. The above message will run during Wisdom Lane’s AM and PM announcements from the date the connect-ed is sent through the starting date of the season.

3. Parents who wish for their children to participate in athletics should register their sons/daughters on the FamilyID website. Please click the image below for a direct link to Wisdom’s Lane’s Landing Page:

You may also easily navigate to Family ID at any time by clicking the appropriate link under the “Parent Resources” tab of the Wisdom Lane Homepage.

4. Once registered, students are logged into the system as registered BUT ARE NOT YET CLEARED. The School Nurse’s Office is automatically alerted to the registration, reviews each student’s current medical information on file, and then either  GRANTS CLEARANCE OR ISSUES DENIAL. Parents whose children are not cleared will receive a response alerting them as to what portion of the medical needs to be updated. Once they submit this information, the student will be rechecked for clearance. You may check your child’s registration status on FamilyID at any time. A status of “Registered” means medical clearance is pending review. “Approved” means your child is cleared and may participate.

5. A SECOND connect-ed message will be sent reminding parents of the season starting date, registration window, and School Doctor date.

6. On the first day of the season, all students who are registered to participate should report to the gym and get changed in the locker room immediately after school. Each team’s coach will direct the athletes from there. ATHLETES SHOULD BE PREPARED TO PARTICIPATE ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE SEASON.

Still have questions?  Click below to visit our Frequently Asked Questions Page!!!